Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Vacation pics and some glassy goodness:

 Always on the lookout for the unusual, we stayed at a B&B that was converted from an old hospital. Our room was on the top floor facing the ocean with out own private little porch.


One of the residents in the sun on the second floor landing. You'll notice the lack of stairs. I'm glad we hike a lot at home since this ramp is very steep!


The view from our room. The weather was overcast and cool most of our stay but we managed to get some beautiful sunsets.


I mean seriously, what do you do when you're at the beach?


A bazillion little beach agates!


And beach glass!


In hand.


More glassy goodness - a Fresnel lens still in use. I have a thing for lighthouses.


A clear afternoon on the bluffs.




3 comments:

  1. I think we have a visceral connection to the ocean, that makes it so uplifting when we are near its power. That looks like the perfect place to refresh yourself for the coming year, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my mountains but the ocean was such a part of my childhood living in So. Cal. that I couldn't imagine going more than 6 months without it!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful time that must have been. Did you carry about 100 lbs. of that beach home with you?

    ReplyDelete